Wednesday, April 6, 2011

DISCOVERED THE HERO TO MY STORY!

I am truly happily married but because I write deadly handsome hard-won heroes in my romances, I'm constantly on the prowl for inspiration of the hot hunky variety!

The other day while watching the Academy of Country Music Awards, otherwise known as the ACMA's, my hero spoke to me right through the TV screen.  Now, I am an avid country music fan, but I'm more inclined toward the tried and true more mature artists like George Strait, Tim McGraw, Brad Paisley, Toby Keith and Ronnie Dunn.  (BTW- Ronnie's new solo single, Bleed Red, is AMAZING!) 

So when Chris Young appeared on screen - a newer up and coming country artist, I was wowed and significantly floored!


He was the hero of my current story, my Work In Progress.  He was Clayton Worth!


Clay (my hero) is an ex-country music star turned rancher. And Chris Young fit the bill perfectly.  He is rugged enough to be a rancher with an edge to his voice and a whole lotta attitude.   Clay lives on and operates the ludrative Worth Ranch in Red Ridge, Arizona (see Tagg's Story first, in Carrying the Rancher's Heir) He's rough around the edges and smooth at the same time.  I found the same qualities in Chris Young.

Clay runs a charity for children named Penny's Song.  Chris has a daughter named Penny.  How is that for coincidence?


Three days ago my editor asked me for photos of my inspiration for the characters in my December Harlequin Desire (title to be determined) and I found that inspiration in Chris Young.  Yay! Problem solved.  Now...on to my heroine.



Here's an awesome song that inspires from Chris Young. Enjoy!!





Don't forget to check out my website and enter the contest on the Win Stuff page!  Three BIG Giveaways!

1 comment:

  1. hi Charlene, I am SO glad Ronnie is going solo. I miss him so much! And you go with your new hero. I agree entirely!

    Country singer Jake Owens is the "hero" in my next historical Marrying Molly. A young Guy Pearce is the hero's look-alike in the current Marrying Mattie.

    Great post.

    ReplyDelete