Thursday, September 30, 2010

FIVE SECRETS OF A TORTURED ALPHA HERO

Do you love a fictional tortured hero?   In my western anthology, Wearing the Rancher's Ring,  from Western Winter Wedding Bells, Cooper Garnett is struggling with life without his family.  He's on a mission to find their killer.  I'll let you in on five secrets he's holding back from Rachel, the woman who has nursed his life-threatening injuries. 

1. He's not really as tough as he lets on.

2. He won't tell Rachel the real reason he has come to Cedar Flat, California.

3. He can hardly bear to be around Rachel's young son

Johnny - the reminder of the son he lost is too difficult. 

4. He's afraid to feel anything for Rachel and Johnny, yet

he'd die to protect them.

5. He's sure he can kill a man in cold blood out of vengeance, until that day finally arrives.  

Here's my idea of what Cooper Garnett might look like. What do you think?  Do you want to know his secrets? 


OR


OR





Wearing the Rancher's Ring In Western Winter Wedding Bells
by
Charlene Sands

9 comments:

  1. WOOHOO CHARLENE! HECK I WANT THEM ALL BUT 2 SURE ROCKS MY WORLD!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your second cowboy is certainly my choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Hotcha and SuzyQ1955 -- I guess #2 is going strong!

    ReplyDelete
  4. #1 looks too innocent (though perhaps it could have been him in his younger days), and although having grown up around ranchers and cowboys, I can see how #2 gets everyones attention (definately caught mine at first glance, but a little underworn, a man who lost his family tends to wear it at least a little) , but it's #3 that gets my vote, (a little more mature, like he's had a family, despite the smile, you can almost see the determination to find his families killers in his eyes.)

    I know, I can't help myself, I have to analyze the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All of them are yummy but I have to go with #3 despite his smile. He has a more mature look to have had a family.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote for #3, George Strait. He is more mature and I think he would make a wonderful Cooper Garnett on your Christmas anthology, Western Winter Wedding Bells. Number 2 was a close second for me though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. All good choices, but I'd have to go with George Strait, #3. He looks the part - more mature to have had a family.

    ReplyDelete