Saturday, January 23, 2010

The American Soldier ... Always there

If you know me, you know I have the utmost respect for our military. I often volunteer and donate to many causes like Operation Gratitude and various veteran organizations.

The horrendous tragedy in Haiti has gotten the world's attention. The sad and almost hopeless situation has been aided by many heroes, but today I want to share some photos of our American Soldiers- 12,000 strong - in action, helping the Haitians.

It's said that it took only a few days to make the Port Au-Prince airfield ready to receive 100 planeloads of supplies in, every day. Thanks to our outstanding military.
They are there to keep the peace for the Haitians. But they do so much more.
Some of these photos are of the 22nd and 24th Marine Expeditionary Unit (MEU)
They are my heroes ... today and always.

2 comments:

  1. Our family has always served in the military,
    beginning with WWII. Through the years, we have had 18 family members in service. We had four of our young people in Iraq in 2005. They are all home now and only one is still on stateside active duty. He will be retiring in a year. God bless all our military - I keep them always in prayer!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this blog about our American heroes. It's hard on our family when my hubby is deployed, but I always know it's for the greater good.

    ReplyDelete